Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Immediately pressing forward into an attack will guard the attack while healing you and stunning enemies nearby!|
Description[edit | edit source]
A powerful relic that can only be obtained by having both the Firstborn's Gauntlet and Lastborn's Gauntlet in your inventory, similar to the Perfect Time Crystal. It combines the benefits of both relics while removing the drawbacks. Like it's constituent parts, the Ancestral Gauntlets allow the player to block incoming attacks by pressing forward into them with proper timing. In addition...
- They heal the player for a small amount per blocked attack. With the Firstborn's Gauntlets, this bonus was only applied if the player was at low health (flashing red). The Ancestral Gauntlets have no such limitation and allow healing on every block.
- They create an AOE blast around the player that stuns all enemies struck by it. In addition, this blast eliminates all projectiles in it.
- The curse accompanying the Lastborn's Gauntlet (the player getting stunned by enemy attacks) is no longer present.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- The "Spirit" cloak will increase the healing given.
- Catalystic Vial and Catalystic Tonic will increase the chance for Critical Heals.
- Bracers of the Beast will additionally allow you to gain signature charge when you perform a successful guard.
- Dated Sunglasses will make projectiles easier to guard since they will move slower.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
Since these gauntlets cause a STUN on enemies unfortunate enough to be nearby when you block correctly, they can easily help you set up any spell combo you like. But this can be particularly useful for un-enhanced spells that need to charge up, like Grasping Earth, Shock Nova, Aqua Breaker or Raging Inferno.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- The gauntlets only seem to be able to block attacks that fly directly toward the player across the ground. Attacks that approach the player from above seem to be unblockable. This includes the Earth Mage's "Drop Boulder" (Rank-2 attack), which I note specifically because it approaches the player in an ambiguous arc that is neither very high off the ground nor very close to it.
- For Multi-hit attacks like Frost Queen Freiya's signature Snowflake Barrage, it seems to only require proper timing on the first hit. Afterward you can simply keep holding forward into the rest of the attack to successfully guard it, as I demonstrate here.
- It does seem to be able to block some "zone" attacks like the Ice Knight's Chill Zone (Rank-3 attack). And just like above, you can continue to press forward into it to score multiple blocks, and thus multiple heals (and enemy stuns).