|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Executes a double lunge with a sweeping slash of frost!|
|Incorporates a third lunge into the attack!|
|Damage||20, 20, 45|
Description[edit | edit source]
Move forward in the direction you are aiming while delivering a series of slashes with an ice glaive which knock enemies back. The attack starts with a 30 damage slash followed by a wider slash dealing 35 damage.
If enhanced, the attack is altered to start with a 20 damage slash forward, then a backwards slash dealing 20 damage and ending with the wider slash now dealing 45 damage.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
The wide area of the slashes makes Crystalline Balestra notable compared to other melee arcana as it provides a easy way to deal with large groups of enemies which is a weakness of most other melee arcana.
Crystalline Balestra is great at finishing off enemies large due to it's rather high and rapid damage output.
Since the enhanced version incorporates a backwards slash you may be open to attack from the front for a brief period. It also keeps you in the same position for longer, making it easier for projectiles to hit you compared to the constant forwards movement of the unenhanced version. These downsides are rather negligible however due to the greatly increased coverage and increased damage that the enhanced version provides.
The high knockback of the slashes allows you to easily push foes into a position for a follow-up of into a pit.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Using Crystalline Balestra alongside Shearing Chain allows for a high damage combo by following up one with the other.
- Quick acting arcana that cover a large area in front of the player (e.g. Tidal Blast, Flame Breath, Inferno Cannon, Rock n' Roll) work well as a follow-up.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Dark Katana triples the chance to inflict critical hits.
- As this is a ice arcana, Stanza of Frost and Poem of Fiery Rime increase damage.
- Soccer Cleats increases of the slashes damage.
- Sturdy Shoebox will increase max health if you have Crystalline Balestra equipped.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to 4.1 seconds.
- Wings of Icarus heal you whenever you push an enemy into a pit.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Balestra is a term used in fencing to describe a jump forward followed by a lunge towards an opponent.