|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Summons icy blades that cut through enemies! Can be charged for boosted effect!|
|Knockback||8, 8, 16, 20|
|Increases size and freeze duration!|
7, 15 (charged)
|Hit Count||4 per combo
6 per charged combo
Description[edit | edit source]
Slash a 180 degree area in front of you with a conjured sword of ice which deals 7 damage. Each combo of this basic arcana is 3 casts long with the third cast conjuring two swords that slash across simultaneously. The attack button can be held on the final cast, causing two additional swords to cascade forwards alongside the final cast and freezing any enemy hit for 1 second. The charged attack also destroys enemy projectiles.
If enhanced, the swords are bigger, causing the attack to cover a much larger area. The two additional swords from the charged attack each deal 15 damage and enemies are frozen for 3 seconds.
The attack button can be held to perform a full combo, ending with the cascade of swords.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
You must use the charged attack wisely as you are vulnerable while charging it up. Try to only used it when enemies are stunned or immobilised to avoid being interrupted.
Its wide coverage and ability to freeze enemies makes Frost Blade excellent for crowd control as it can easily immobilise a large group of enemies, opening them up for an easy follow-up. This is particularly notable as Frost Blades is the only basic arcana that can apply freeze, giving you a backup crowd control option that is not restricted by a cooldown.
The freeze from the charged attack gives you a window of opportunity to charge up another attack while the enemies are frozen. This allows you to chain together several charged attacks to destroy enemies with little threat of retaliation.
Since the charged attack destroys projectiles and cover a very large area it can be serve as a good defensive option to clear an area of projectiles if times correctly.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Fuelled Berserk increases the speed of your basic attack and makes combos repeat by holding the attack button.
- Magnetic Follow-up releases projectiles while attacking with basic arcana.
- Calming Flow reduces cooldowns at the end of each basic arcana combo.
- Evading Zephyr allows you to evade all attacks while using your basic arcana.
- Due to the delay when charging up, consider using arcana that freeze enemies or otherwise immobilise them ( Water Prison or Grasping Earth) to ensure that you are not interrupted.
- Most movement arcana such as Seismic Entry, Glacial Cross, Inferno Cannon, Shearing Chain, Crystalline Balestra act as an effective follow-up to close range and deal damage to enemies that have been pushed back by the charged attack of Frost Blade.
- Frost Blade synergies very well with other arcana that freeze enemies (e.g. Glacial Cross, Frost Fan, Ice Spear, Ice Seekers, Frost Wing, Frozen Bait and enhanced Aqua Vortex) since you can combo them into each other while keeping enemies frozen, preventing almost any retaliation.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Stanza of Frost increases the damage of the blades since it is an ice arcana.
- Dark Katana triples the chance to inflict critical hits.
- Evening Gloves gives additional signature charge when attacking with a basic arcana.
- Chrono Glove reduces the time taken to charge up the final attack by 60%
- Flak Gauntlet allows each sword to destroy projectiles, which is particularly useful due to their large area of coverage.
- Cabi's Bubble Gum, Cabi's Cinnamon Hots, Cabi's Cotton Candy, Cabi's Raw Chocolate, and Cabi's Citrus Sweets have a chance to release an elemental projectile when using your basic.
- Combo Gloves allows for two charged attacks to be used back to back.
- Claws of Tomo will enhance the arcana.
- Sidewinder's Badge adds additional, low damage hits. This also causes the charged attack to push enemies into the perfect range of most jump arcana.
- Double Edged Cestus greatly increases basic damage but lowers all other damage.
- Glove of Patience increases the damage of the charged attack but it takes longer to charge.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Since the two swords in the final cast are simultaneous, damage displayed as being one hit of 14 damage when in actuality it is two hits of 7.
- Frost Blades is currently the only basic arcana in the game that applies freeze.