|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Designed by Virtuoso Laurent Sweert, this arcana allows you to grasp all foes in the area with giant stone fists!|
|Damage||10, 3, 25|
|Starts off at max radius and crushes enemies more quickly!|
|Damage||10, 3, 25|
Description[edit | edit source]
Create a magic circle around you that increases in size the longer the attack button is held. When the button is released, stone crags move to each enemy within the circle dealing 10 damage on impact and summoning a giant fist which grasps the enemy in place. The fist deals 5 hits of 3 damage before ending with a 25 damage hit.
If enhanced, the circle starts at maximum size and the fists deal damage more often, allowing for 10 hits of 3 damage to be dealt.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Grasping earth is good for opening a combo on enemies as it holds them in place and passively deals damage while you are using other arcana.
Due to the long duration that enemies are grasped for, Grasping Earth can be used to temporarily immobilise groups of enemies so they do not interrupt you while you deal with higher priority targets.
There is a delay between releasing the button an when enemies are grasped since the stone crags need to reach enemies first. The delay starts off at ~0.5 seconds on close range enemies and is ~1 second long if enemies are at max range.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Arcana that have a large AoE around the player, such as Terra Ring, Shock Nova or Scales of Babylon, can be used to easily deal damage to all enemies that have been grasped. Shock Nova pairs particularly well since its enhanced version has the same radius as Grasping Earth.
- Grasping Earth allows you can guarantee a hit with Crashing Meteor or Ion Spike since enemies will not be able to move out of their area.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Grasping Earth requires clear line of sight from you to the target. If it is blocked by a wall, statue or even a pit then they will not be hit.
- Enemies that are immune to knockback ( Macho Ghoul, Coffin Knight, Golem, Minibosses and Council Members) will not be held in place by Grasping Earth and only take 25 damage, greatly limiting its effectiveness against them.
- None of the hits dealt by Grasping earth can deal critical hits. This extends to items that force crits such as Singing Bowl or Covert Ops Mask, causing them to have no effect on Grasping Earth.