|The Thundering Keep Update was released on January 16, and included a lot of new stuff and changes to old stuff. Please bear with us as the wiki is updated, and these red links and outdated info are cleaned up. Or if you're feeling adventurous and helpful, you're welcome to jump in and start editing things yourself!|
|Ride a bolt of lightning to shock foes in the area!|
|Increases the number of strikes!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Dashes in the direction of the cursor, dodging all attacks. If the dash hits an enemy, the player will strike 8 times over one second between random enemies in a large radius, striking from random directions, and shocking with every hit. If the dash, connects, the player will be returned to their original position after the attack is finished.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Keep in mind that you will return to your original position after a successful attack ends, not the position of the enemy you aim Shock Assault at - using the attack to dodge over oncoming projectiles with poor timing may land you back in their path. It is a better idea to first dash to the side before using Shock Assault, or if necessary, to sacrifice the attack as an extended dash with immunity.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
Arcana with negative knockback, such as Tearing Whirlwind, can be used to group enemies more closely, increasing the number hit by the attack.
Scales of Babylon also work quite well. Hitting only one or two people with it will be enough to refresh the cooldown on Shock Assault almost immediately, allowing you to hit everyone with Shock Assault again. The fact that it is very difficult to be hurt during shock assault allows you to use this combination to clear rooms risk-free, all the while charging your signature meter incredibly quickly.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- This arcana (particularly as a signature) works well with on-hit relics, such as Vampire's Eyeglasses and status relics like Nerite Shell.
- Indra's Copper Pipe will increase the damage of this arcana reliably, increasing the level/duration of shock status effects, as each strike will shock.
- Permafrost Cube will be less effective when using this arcana, as the guaranteed shock will break the ice status with every instance of damage, of which there are many.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Shock Assault only works if you hit an enemy with the initial dash. If you miss, the spell is essentially a dash with a cooldown.
- You return to your original location after the spell's duration if you hit an enemy with Shock Assault.
- This spell has a cooldown of 5 seconds, but the cooldown begins as soon as the button is pressed. The attacking animations of Shock Assault are active for about 1 second, giving Shock Assault an effective cooldown of around 4 seconds if you land the attack.
- You are not actually invincible during the attack animation, although it is difficult for you to be hit.
- In the momentary pause before casting this signature when charged, it is possible for an enemy to walk or be knocked into you, triggering the strike on the enemy and forgoing the dash entirely.
- Enemies take DoT after being hit.