As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Ride a bolt of lightning to shock foes in the area!|
|Increases the number of strikes!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Dash forward in a bolt of lightning while invulnerable. If the initial dash hits, unleash a combo of strikes on the foe and randomly against foes in the area shocking them, before returning to the player's original position.
Charged Signature: Deliver a drastically increased amount of hits for increased damage and shock.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
This arcana makes it difficult for the player to be interrupted while the attack animation is playing. Note that the player will return to their original position after a successful attack ends, not the position of the foe aimed at. As such, using the attack to dodge projectiles with poor timing may simply place you back in the path of the projectile. To prevent this, dodge out of the way first before using this arcana.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
Arcana with negative knockback, such as Tearing Whirlwind, can be used to group enemies more closely, increasing the number hit by the attack.
Scales of Babylon also work quite well. Hitting only one or two people with it will be enough to refresh the cooldown on Shock Assault almost immediately, allowing you to hit everyone with Shock Assault again. The fact that it is very difficult to be hurt during shock assault allows you to use this combination to clear rooms risk-free, all the while charging your signature meter incredibly quickly.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- This arcana (particularly as a signature) works well with on-hit relics, such as Vampire's Eyeglasses and status relics like Nerite Shell.
- Indra's Copper Pipe will increase the damage of this arcana reliably, increasing the level/duration of shock status effects, as each strike will shock.
- Permafrost Cube will be less effective when using this arcana, as the guaranteed shock will break the ice status with every instance of damage, of which there are many.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Note the arcana has a cooldown of 5 seconds, but the cooldown begins as soon as it is cast. The attacking animation on hit is active for about 1 second, giving this arcana an effective cooldown of about 4 seconds if hit.
- In the momentary pause before casting this signature when charged, it is possible for an enemy to walk or be knocked into you, triggering the strike on the enemy and forgoing the dash entirely.
- Dark Katana works fantastically with this