|The Thundering Keep Update was released on January 16, and included a lot of new stuff and changes to old stuff. Please bear with us as the wiki is updated, and these red links and outdated info are cleaned up. Or if you're feeling adventurous and helpful, you're welcome to jump in and start editing things yourself!|
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Hold to charge up and release an explosion of electricity that shocks all foes in the area at maximum charge!|
|Hit Count||2 (no charge) to 5 (fully charged)|
|Nova charges up faster and has an increased radius!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Creates a chargeable circle of Lightning around the user with eight streams of electricity connecting the user to it. Hit Count increases with charge. You cannot move during the attack.
The enhanced version charges to max Hit Count faster and has an increased radius (video).
The Signature version creates four Shock Novas around the user and has an increased Hit Count. The Signature version can be held, but this does not affect the spell in any way.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
This spell shocks enemies immobilizing them for a short period after the initial damage, meaning that it can be used to stop enemies from attacking allowing you to get away.
However, where Shock Nova really shines is in its offensive capabilities; it deals massive damage very quickly, but needs to charge. Because of this the amount that you charge the attack should depend on distance from the enemies. Do not attempt to fully charge Shock Nova if you would take damage doing so, and if simply tapping it is an option. The uncharged version is still very effective.
Signature Shock Nova is very effective at clearing rooms due to its large range and massive damage.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- As it shocks and immobilizes many enemies simultaneously, Shock Nova pairs well with any slow spell such as Stalwart Defenders.
- For effective crowd control, use Shock Nova to stun enemies and Tidal Blast to deal massive damage and knockback.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Like all Lightning spells, Shock Nova sees an increase in damage from Battery of Taranis.
- As Shock Nova has multiple hits, any on-hit Relic such as Phoenix Talon and Noxious Dappercap will be useful.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- The cooldown for Shock Nova starts as soon as you press the assigned key, meaning that it can fully cool down before you have even released the attack. This allows for two Shock Novas in quick succession if you can pull it off.