Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Unleash a protective vortex of fierce winds!|
|Damage||8, 10, 8, 10|
|Knockback||-1, 50, 1, 50|
|Whirling duration increased!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Creates a protective tornado around your character that rapidly damages enemies that come into contact with it. The tornado does not follow your character. Enemies that touch it are very slowly sucked into the center of the vortex until its duration ends and they are flung away.
This spell sees some significant changes when used as a fully charged signature. Five tornadoes are sent out in a straight line from where it is used, with the first only slightly covering your character instead of surrounding it.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Can be used in a pinch to block projectiles, as they dissipate on contact with the vortex. If surrounded by melee enemies, using Whirling Tornado will fling them away giving you some space to breathe. These tips can be combined allowing you to damage melee enemies while protecting yourself against projectiles.
Whirling Tornado can be used to fling surrounding enemies into pits.
If there are many enemies bunched together, you can dash into the middle of them and use Whirling Tornado for large amounts of damage.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Hiding behind a Fire Wall spell often causes enemies to bunch together as they try to reach you, which is a prime opportunity to use Whirling Tornado to quickly damage a large group of enemies.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Relics with on-hit effects such as Phoenix Talon and Vampire's Eyeglasses can be useful due to Whirling Tornado dealing huge damage across many hits.
- A particularly useful relic if you struggle with melee enemies is Nerite Shell, as the enemies will take longer to reach you after being flung as the vortex dissipates. This allows more time to take each of them down.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- While this spell is defensively oriented, its Signature version allows its offensive capabilities to shine through.
- It also blocks the arcana boss use.